Astronomy Session-The great conjunction!
This is a special outing . Participants will be introduced to various planets, constellations, milky way, satellites and more, under the open sky. We will be having two telescopes and our Experts will be narrating and showing the objects in the skies.
Location : Anjanvel Agro Tourism, Lonavala
What is so special about this event ?
21 Dec 2020,- Jupiter-Saturn great conjunction is the closest in almost 400 years. Jupiter-Saturn conjunction takes place every 20 years. But in this year’s conjunction they will be almost 0.1° from each other, which makes it very special. With a telescope, you can see both the planets in a single field of view. Saturn’s rings & Jupiter with its satellites, all in one frame. For naked eyes, they will appear so close, that might appear as one unless you watch them properly.
We will be seeing craters of moon, rings of Saturn, satellites of Jupiter, nebulas & galaxies through a telescope. Participants will also learn fundamentals of Astronomy & Star-Gazing. Guidance will be given on how to buy a telescope.
21st Dec 2020 being a Monday, a working day, some people might not be able to attend. For their convenience, we are arranging the same event in two batches: Saturday 19th & 20th Dec and 21st & 22nd Dec 2020. Though the planets will be closest on 21st Dec which is 0.7 degrees apart, on 19th Dec, they will be 0.15 degrees apart which is hardly any difference.
Reach the destination and report at the Venue @ 4.00 p.m. Tea / Coffee, evening snacks.. Program starts ….Stay at the site
Early morning Birding Session with experts. Post Breakfast start for Pune.
Venue : Anjenwel Agro Tourism : This is located approx 45 Kms from Chandani Chowk towards Pawna. The route through Paud is the closet.
- Warm clothing (thermals, gloves, jackets etc)
- Torch light covered with Red gelatin paper
- Notepad & pen for notes
- Thermos to carry Tea/coffee if you feel so
- Matt to lie on ground for comfort
- In case you have any telescope or binoculars please bring them along with you
- Personal medicines, mosquito repellent etc
- Covid safety measures: Masks, sanitisers & social distancing
*Drinking & smoking strictly prohibited
- Opportunity to see the Closet Conjunction of Jupiter & Saturn
- Learn about amazing sky…various planets, constellations, milky way & satellites
- Expert’s Guidance
- Best instruments ………2-Telescopes
- Local Food
- Stay at the one of the best sites closest to Pune… 100 % rural feel
- Experts Guidance
- Dormitory accommodation
- Welcome Tea, Snacks, Dinner , Breakfast….
- Transportation up to the site. We can help with the car pooling facilities
- We can organize for separate rooms if required with extra charges
- Anything not mentioned in “inclusions”
Booking amount till 12 Dec 2020: Rs.2300/-
Booking amount after 12 Dec 2020: Rs.2500/-
Kindly make a payment to the following account & email us payment details (transaction id) on firstname.lastname@example.org
G-Pay Mobile no: 80079 76337
Account Name : Nature Walk Outdoors
Account No : 20062208066
Bank IFSC for NEFT / RTGS : MAHB0000330
Bank Name : Bank of Maharashtra
Branch : Kamala Nehru Park, Erandawana, Pune
Type of Account : Current